03 Denali: No Rear Heat....why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
read this, sounds like the same thing. Its gonna be an actuator or a controller. There are pics there too:

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums...e-rear-air-has-no-heat-just-blowing-cold.html

Nice post, I wasn't sure what all made up the heater.

The actuators are on the passenger side of the rear cargo area.

Here's a picture showing the parts from my 2003 Tahoe with auto a/c...

IMG_9982.jpg

1- Hot/Cold actuator
2- Floor/Ceiling actuator
3- Control module #15832319 with the two blue clips

04MUFASA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my heater doesnt work either but the part that goes on my 04 tahoe is for a 00 tahoe strange. and now my floor and ceiling actuator doesnt work after i took it out cuz i put the wrong actuator on it so do i need to buy that one also

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hot-Cold Actuator: ACDELCO Part # 1572972 (GM Part # 89018375}
Control Module: GM Part # 15832319

I'm guessing on mine it's probably the hot-cold actuator seeing as how the floor and ceiling controls work ok. A/C worked great but now that it's cold.. no heat Been that way for a while but i'm too lazy to fix it F*ck the passengers lol i'm in control

Mooring

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No Rear Heat

Read this thread and took my 2006 Yukon Denali into the GMC dealer armed with all this infomation to save them time. They spent an hour labor ($89) to run the diagnostics to tell me it was either the rear actuator or the front rear/front controler--just what I had told them. They went on to say that they have seen the rear actuator fail, but never have seen the front controler fail. Their estimate to replace and repair; $550 plus tax! I told them I would live with it not working. (I just bought this truck from California and never thought to check the heater when I was checking it out). Byers remosre, never checked the heat and spent 20% of the repair cost to not fix it. Think I will just have to buy more lottery tickets.

MYNES

IM ALL IN
Reaction score
i just fixed mine today all i did was take actuator off.took it apart turned it half way.put it back together.and left it unplugged and bammm heat worked.its great for a temp fix until u get the new part or just switch it back in the summer...took me about 30min very easy to do!!

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just fixed mine today all i did was take actuator off.took it apart turned it half way.put it back together.and left it unplugged and bammm heat worked.its great for a temp fix until u get the new part or just switch it back in the summer...took me about 30min very easy to do!!

Just did the same thing an hour ago! -1 yesterday for standing temp and no rear heat sucked! I took the actuator off and left it out just turned the dial over towards the heat side and verified that the floor/ceiling actuator still worked and put it all back together in about 30-40 min. Thanks for the tip!

tmjhazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 Yukon XL Rear Blower None Function

I had power 12V Orange wire in to the resistor just next to the blower 3 wire plug going into the resistor. I replace the resistor thinking that was the reason I had none functing rear blower. The new resistor p/n was RU394 in standard it looked a little diffrent still nothing.

I have no power at the rear blower itself, but I have 12V at the orange wire going into the factor resister mfg Carter # 7491

Any sugestions where I go next

Note the blower motor plugs in to the resister, and no voltage out of the resister, but 12V in to the resistor in the orange wire? This resister is new, any one know how to test the resistor?

Thanks

Tom

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n