2002 LT Music Daily - One Story Ends and Another Begins...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Then we went with the Flowmaster Delta 50 4320502 muffler ($112)

View attachment 180702

But before installing that, we HAD to hear what the Tahoe sounded like straight piped.

View attachment 180703

Way too loud for my liking, so on went the Flowmaster

View attachment 180704
View attachment 180705
View attachment 180706

Has a real nice low rumble to it, that isn't noticeable inside the cabin at all when the music is on.

With just these two things, the car is noticeably more fun to drive, although I don't know that I actually gained any HP anywhere.

I'm pricing out a cam job with a family friend, and deciding between a Black Bear tune or a local shop tune.
It's coming together nicely! Great job.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just some cosmetic upgrades. I was sick of the chrome look, so I hit the fender flares, and front and rear bumpers with some more Plasti-Dip. Also removed the front bug guard.

Thinking I'll remove the roof rack, antenna, and running boards soon too.

Deciding if I want a 2/3 drop or a 3" lift lol. Could go either way right now.

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
howdy
nice build
coming along nicely

heck of a stereo setup

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In an attempt to gain back some of my trunk space, I built another center console, this time doing around 139 dB.

View attachment 179428

After about a month though, I decided I missed my real OEM center console. So soon I'll be reinstalling that.

And here's my current setup:

2 SoundQubed HDS2 10" subwoofers
1 SoundQubed 2200 @ 0.5
1 SoundQubed Q4-90
CES 370A Alt
4 runs of 2/0 welding
no extra batteries

View attachment 179429

It does right about a 145 on music, which is decent, but I need to figure out somewhere better to mount everything so I can gain more of my hatch space back.

Now that we're caught up on the audio stuff, we can get into the fun things!

I sat in my friend's 6L 2002 Escalade, and was blown away by how it felt. It made this Tahoe seem like a turtle.

I started doing research, and was planning to just drop a 6L in, until I asked around locally and the best price I could get was $3000.

So I've begun doing research on CAI, exhausts, headers, cams, and tunes.

I've got about a $1500 budget ideally, and would love any and all input you guys could give me.

My goal is to really pick up some low end torque for 0-60, without breaking the bank, and without losing a ton of MPG.

How about getting a Suburban or Yukon XL?

I got a sub box with dual 12s in it in place of my 3rd row seat, and I still have as much cargo room as the Yukons and Tahoes have behind the 2nd row seat.
20170518_194907.jpg

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about getting a Suburban or Yukon XL?

I got a sub box with dual 12s in it in place of my 3rd row seat, and I still have as much cargo room as the Yukons and Tahoes have behind the 2nd row seat.

Yeah in retrospect I definitely should've opted for a suburban or XL, it'll probably be my next vehicle.

I don't do too much moving big stuff, but a couple times I've transported sets of tires and I had to remove my sound system to fit them ;/

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided music was more important than performance, so I haven't gotten the tune, and I added probably another 300lbs to the vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brush guard that came with this truck was all rusted out, fading, etc, so that's why I originally pulled it.

With all of the other stuff this summer, I just never got around to fixing it until tonight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is looking good /evil! Is that dip or Berliner on the bumper? Looks great.

Brush guard is Bedliner, because it's much more permanent.

All the rest (rims, fender flares, bumper, etc) are plasti-dip because I wanted them to be easily removable in case I ever change my mind :)

I've got some American Flag decals coming (hopefully tomorrow!) and then I want to go find some graffiti or a nice cliff to take some pictures of the vehicle

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually got a ton done today! Finally got my window decals in, but they appeared too small!

No matter what position we tried, my dad and I couldn't get it to line up. And the guy I bought them from wasn't able to figure it out either.

We did the passenger side first, and it is a little lopsided, plus has a few issues, but you can't tell from 3' away. The driver side came out much better!

Worth the $50 for sure.

Then I started tearing down my setup

Last edited: