02 Non-Bose factory Sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulHuntzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe without Bose so my factory sub is in the cargo area. I recently upgraded my HU to a double din and door speakers with JBL GX602 witch I am very satisfied with sound but would like some extra bass (although my factory sub is still working). All I know is the sub is 8'' and I'm assuming i would need a shallow mount sub.

Has anyone replaced there sub? If so, What did you go with? Im also planning on keeping the factory amp because it seems to complicated to replace it.?

Brains646

Reaction score
I just dove into my sub to find out why it wasn't working and i found this...a rotted out sub. I also found the enclosure to be pretty deep so i took the sub from an old surround system and it dropped right in. The replacement sub was more than twice the depth and still had room to spare. I'll be ordering an actual replacement soon but not before i find out what i have in the factory amp and my box footage.

20170102_123114.jpg

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe without Bose so my factory sub is in the cargo area. I recently upgraded my HU to a double din and door speakers with JBL GX602 witch I am very satisfied with sound but would like some extra bass (although my factory sub is still working). All I know is the sub is 8'' and I'm assuming i would need a shallow mount sub.

Has anyone replaced there sub? If so, What did you go with? Im also planning on keeping the factory amp because it seems to complicated to replace it.?
You can keep the factory amp for just the door speakers and put in a separate amp to power subwoofers, you just have to disconnect the factory sub, it's not that hard to install yourself if you have basic knowledge of wiring. That's what I did and went with MTX good subs for a good price, I got 2 12s preloaded in a box an amp and all the wiring for 220

Torey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im bumping an old thread. Can anyone help with knowledge on installing a HU. I cant get any sound out of my speakers. i only have one wire harness connected to my radio also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins