02 electric fan conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not Tony's tuner. According to him it takes some sort of skill he doesn't have lol. This has been ongoing forever between Tony and his tuner. Also something about he can't activate the pin until the efans are actually installed first or it will mess something up.
That's my mechanic. My tuner was/is a douche!

OP
OP
Rayola88

Rayola88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The harness i made is set up with only one fan on high them the temp hits 180 it turns on both but i gotta figure out how to set both fans to turn on when the ac is engaged then as the temp sets turn on both to high... I can always go back to 210, just been reading on other threads that when had the temp set to 210 it was complicating things but i guess I'll do that, any suggestions on how to get both fans to turn on rather than one?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The harness i made is set up with only one fan on high them the temp hits 180 it turns on both but i gotta figure out how to set both fans to turn on when the ac is engaged then as the temp sets turn on both to high... I can always go back to 210, just been reading on other threads that when had the temp set to 210 it was complicating things but i guess I'll do that, any suggestions on how to get both fans to turn on rather than one?
That's done by the PCM I believe depending on need.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 fan on is controlled by the relays. You would need to rewire the harness for the actual to trigger both on ac alone. Why do you want both fans on with the ac? You are over complicating the setup. If anything figure out how to control the fans with ac pressure and you'll get the most out the setup. As it stands my ac gets freezing cold with one fan cycling on off. If it does get to temp with the ac on both fans cycle to high and cools the truck down quick. You are going to have condensation problems in your motor and worse emissions running it cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Contend997

Reaction score
M1 yea your prolly right im gonna let it ride n see how It goes everything is in working condition, the truck runs a lot better, a lot colder it was a good fairly easy conversion thanks again m1 for the input
What did you do for the ac when you turn your ac on both fans should kick on how did you make that happen

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do for the ac when you turn your ac on both fans should kick on how did you make that happen
The amp draw is already high with one fan cycling on high. U are gonna have issues trying to cycle both on high. My truck feels like a refrigerator during the Texas summer with 1 fan cycling. What's the draw to do this mod? U are gonna start defeating get the purpose of the radiator and cause the truck to run too cool. I'm sure u could splice one wire off the relay controlling the fan with ac engagement into both fans, but it's your funeral lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk