02 electric fan conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayola88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i just did the swap from an 05 silverado cooling fans n last night when installed they worked perfectly now today fans are not kicking on? Any suggestions

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Relays or fuses? Did you have the pin in the PCM turned on?

OP
OP
Rayola88

Rayola88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i figured out the problem my ground wire wasn't grounded to a good ground... smh... also had another question, so i did the swap that scottyboy posted but only one fan turns on but i want both fans to turn on to be cooler at idle anyway to go about that?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Man, I've been trying to find a guy around me to turn the fans on through my pcm, I can't find one to do it! What harness did you use?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i figured out the problem my ground wire wasn't grounded to a good ground... smh... also had another question, so i did the swap that scottyboy posted but only one fan turns on but i want both fans to turn on to be cooler at idle anyway to go about that?
They are controlled by the PCM but I'm not sure if a tuner can change that. I know they can change the turn-on temps. There's several modes- one on low, both on low, both on high, etc.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the one fan is cooling your engine efficiently according to your gauges or better yet l live data and it's not overheating then you should let it be. Too cool of an engine temp will make you run rich and your gas mileage will decrease. Also if you live in a state with emission regulations it could effect you but that's far end worst case.

More is not always better
Lower engine temps... not better
Higher oil pressure... not better
Higher fuel pressure... not better
Etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rayola88

Rayola88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i went with the factory fans off a 05 silverado and the factory harness off an 05 as well, go to a junkyard that way the harness will be easier to pull off, make sure you you pull everything off thats mine after everything was cut down i pulled all the way from the cooling fan junction box to the cooling fans

20170905_145719.jpg

OP
OP
Rayola88

Rayola88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
M1 yea your prolly right im gonna let it ride n see how It goes everything is in working condition, the truck runs a lot better, a lot colder it was a good fairly easy conversion thanks again m1 for the input