02 Denali with bad side to side sway at n over 55mph.....WTH??!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renzo778

Reaction score
Idk whats going on, after I lowered it I had a very slight wobble at high speed over bumps. but over the last few months it has slowly gotten worse. Now when I get to 55mph and I go over a bump or hilly area it sways real bad to the point where I have to let off the gas. Its lowered correctly. The only thing I haven't changed is are the front and rear sway bars. I would think that the stock ones would have been ok to keep and not cause this kind of problem. Not every1 has changed the sway bars that's lowered their trucks and I haven't read of this being a big problem. Possibly re-torqueing the rear sway bar links. What are the torque specs? Any input is helpful. Thanks in advance. Lorenzo

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has gotten worse I'd suspect something worn out. Maybe the steering box getting loose?

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Idk whats going on, after I lowered it I had a very slight wobble at high speed over bumps. but over the last few months it has slowly gotten worse. Now when I get to 55mph and I go over a bump or hilly area it sways real bad to the point where I have to let off the gas. Its lowered correctly. The only thing I haven't changed is are the front and rear sway bars. I would think that the stock ones would have been ok to keep and not cause this kind of problem. Not every1 has changed the sway bars that's lowered their trucks and I haven't read of this being a big problem. Possibly re-torqueing the rear sway bar links. What are the torque specs? Any input is helpful. Thanks in advance. Lorenzo

1) what kit was used
2) cut bracket off frame
3) which endlinks used?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your front sway bar links. I had one loosen up on me and my truck swayed like crazy..thought i had a bad shock.

OP
OP
Renzo778

Renzo778

Reaction score
I have the DJM Lca's w new sway bar links up front. BT 5305 rear springs and shock extenders, djm sway bar links, Spohn panhard new BT shocks all the way around. Did the free travel mod 6months ago when I first lowered it. Ill check the front links when I get home this evening.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DI'd you move swaybar over?

OP
OP
Renzo778

Renzo778

Reaction score
I'm gonna try n tighten then rear sway bar links to see if that helps

NORCAL SS