02 Black Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
Tahoe Back Seat.jpg Tahoe Front Seat.jpg Tahoe Garage.jpg Tahoe Odometer.jpg Tahoe Rear.jpg Hi Guys,
I've posted a few things, not much though. Long time lurker though, and let me start by saying thank you for all of the knowledge you've shared! Two years ago we got my wife an 02 Denali (short). It has been a phenomenal car, but she won't let me fiddle with anything on it, she loves it just the way it is... To keep a long story short, I had a 1990 station wagon until 3 days ago when my parents decided to get a new car, at which point they offered to "gift" me their 02 Z71. Here are the specs.

It has 267,000 miles on it, original transmission (never needed any work on it). Engine still feels great, has been having some oil pressure issues, fine pressure at start, but once the engine warms up the pressure takes a dive anytime you're idling. The interior is immaculate. and I don't mean that for a car that has almost 300,000 miles on it. I mean it is immaculate by new car standards even.

I have had it 3 days and have already started swapping interior lights for red LED (black and red color combo, going for a nice sinister look... :) ) In the very near future I plan to drop the oil pan, change the pickup tube O-ring, change the oil pump, change the oil pan gasket, and the valve cover gaskets. With any luck this will correct the issue of the oil pressure, and the lingering oil leak. Soon after that I plan to swap the stock stereo for something with iPhone connectivity and an upgrade in the woofer department.

Pictures attached

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice, being an 02 you can change the color of the gauges too with pnp led bulbs.....thinking red would look good ;)

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding, that interior is MINT!!! 02 Denali and 02 Tahoe, sounds like some #couplegoals haha congrats on the truck!

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Congrats on that nice Tahoe. Looks very good for such high mileage.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Btw where are you located at? I use to live in Seattle. Miss it like crazy. Great PNW!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14