01 yukon xl no brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik2259271

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 yukon xl and recently the brake lights went out. Computer said it was the brake switch but the cruise control still worked. Changed it anyway but they dont work. The cruise control doesnt brake down hills now though and i think it used to. Check the fuse but still nothing. Anyone know what this could be? Also i just got on here so sorry if i put this in the wrong place

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too thought I had a bad switch and replaced it which didn't fix my no brake lights. I still to this day swear I checked all the fuses before swapping the switch, but sure enough there was a 25a STP LP fuse under the hood that was bad. Upon inspection, the inside part that is normally obvious when blown was intact. However, the prongs that connect it to fuse block were blued and looked like they'd taken some current. Put a new one in and brake lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos