01 Yukon Going Through Changes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SdotX

SdotX

Reaction score
i used the 5 gallon kit off dipyourcar.com was pretty simple i mean it was literally my first time spraying anything. so i guess it came out decent, only thing i dont like so far i guess im pretty rough with my truck so lol every little ding or scrape leaves an impression in the dip, idk if its because its only been a day or what but at this rate im gonna be spraying another coat or 2 soon lol.

OP
OP
SdotX

SdotX

Reaction score
Love your truck!
What is that cowl hood good for btw?

Not really sure if it does anything other than make my truck look mean as hell lol.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

And thanks guys for all the luv I really appreciate it, I been tryin to get her together for a while, and I really luv the way the dip looks, im just worried about how durable it is lol, I mean I thought it was scratch resistant but its like if a fingernail runs across this stuff if shows and its still only a day old, so I dont wanna go rubbing too hard yet to see if it comes out.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally plasti dipped the whole truck, i put on the esky roof rack but im trying to figure out how much chrome i actually want to show

IMG_0947_zps35959322.jpg
IMG_0946_zps49ba255f.jpg
IMG_0950_zpsba4bde23.jpg
from here im probly goona smoke my tail lights, and my and maybe the corners of my headlights

hey man that looks mean as hell..i love that hood with the denali front end..i heard you gotta let the plastidip cure good and it can be pretty resistant..have you thought about plastidipping the rims? i think that would complete it along with a drop..but thats looking real good

OP
OP
SdotX

SdotX

Reaction score
yeahi def wanna do something with the rims as well as drop it, but i gotta get under the front and see whats goin on i have a horrible wheel shake when i hit like 50 mph, jus had it aligned, tires rotated & balanced, so theres is def something else goin on.

OP
OP
SdotX

SdotX

Reaction score
hey whatsup everybody, well the plastidip didnt last too long. the matte black started looking like crap about 6 months in. which is a shame becasue i really liked it
921712_599109613434912_168233685_o_zpsc03c5ee5.jpg

so instead of just dipping over it...i decided to remove it. :smh: this stuff was a nightmare. it did not peel off as it was supposed to. and upon further research it seems to be that it was improperly sprayed on (not enough coats). this stuff was coming off in little tiny flakes like fish food. so i got some goo gone, and a old debit card and started scraping this is what i had done after about 6 hrs.

20140814_153121_zps281efd5f.jpg

took me about a whole week with a pressure washer about 6 bottles of goo gone and and 3 cans of 3m adhesive remover. there were parts that had baked into my paint almost that wouldnt even scrape off. it was really bad, i still have alot of little pieces/spots that i havent cleaned up between cracks and all over the rubber around the windows. i cant possibly imagine having to go through this again. but i do miss the way the matte black looked.

ive decided to start de badging her, and try to get everything else done that i wanna do exterior wise before i paint her again. sooo, im in the process of trying to price an esky brake light conversion and some side skirts like carcrz has on his. i like the esky roof rack but i may just go with a full delete. im probably going to remove the body molding as well...anything else you guys have in mind? just looking for some ideas.

i just got my box finished and im already thinking about changing it :hmmm2: just the box design tho, because the subs are pretty brutal and theyre only at half power right now lol.
1002663_893886183957252_5679810521871819344_n_zpsc4d4add8.jpg

also thinking about some air under her. jus so she sits lower...idk this custom stuff never ends lol