01 Yukon Going Through Changes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SdotX

Reaction score
hey guys, well im getting the truck conversion underway. Ive got the denali bumper, and SS Rollpan to go on the back. Unfortunately my Denali grille arrived snapped in 3 spots, so i sent it back.
FLOWMASTER 40 getting installed.
IMAG1741.jpg
New LED Tails put on.
IMAG1856.jpg
Cowl Hood & Projector Headlights.
IMAG1815.jpg
Side View
IMAG1853.jpg

Unfortunately that's all the body work for now until i get the grille, then the parking lights, bumper cover & fog lights go on. Im gonna try to get the rear bumper off myself to get the rollpan on. Just a little worried i dont wanna screw anything up. I also have the SS Vents. To put on as soon as i get around to gettin the drillbit i need.

since i am waiting for the grille. I went and put a few toys in lol.

New ported Sub box
IMAG1790.jpg
Tv's in the back for the kids
IMAG1857.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 40 series is gonna sound wicked!!

El Terrible

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks good bro i got the same flowmaster and i love it..........

OP
OP
SdotX

SdotX

Reaction score
Just a lil update

got the vents on.
IMAG1891.jpg
IMAG1890.jpg
For some reason the left vent cap keeps popping out the holes, gonna try some 3M tape to keep it in there.

Got the grille finally so i went and tried it on with the parking lights.
IMAG1895.jpg
Got a Sawzall and chopped, well more like hacked out some room the the fog lights lol.
IMAG1901.jpg
Had to trim some extra off the end of my bumper too.
IMAG1899.jpg
stuck the new Denali bumper on and popped in a few retainers.
IMAG1907.jpg

Overall Im pretty happy with the look of it now. all i have to do is find a way to get the fog lights to fit because they're for a Denali and the plug pins dont match up. And i would like to personally like to thank Carcrz for helping me through the bumper install. Took me a whole day on the phone with him, but we got it done. And thanx guys for the comments. Its still a work in progress but its getting there.

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is looking good Mark! So you didn't buy all of the fillers and what not, just the grille, parking lights, and bumper cover and modded your bumper to take the cover?

OP
OP
SdotX

SdotX

Reaction score
No fillers or nothing just me, the bumper cover, grille and a saw lol...it was a ***** removing the retainers in the valance and I went through about 10 blades lol but I got it done. Only parts I had to trim were the 2 corners by the tire, the holes for the fog lights and the two lumps in the middle of the bumper where the yukon factory grille "dips". I had to do that later because my hood wouldn't shut without shaving them down.

OP
OP
SdotX

SdotX

Reaction score
ok heres a few more.IMAG1906.jpg
IMAG1908.jpg
IMAG1902.jpg

i still may trim some more of the bumper off so it sits lower away from the grille like a real denali. because mine has no gap, but i kinda like that tho. trying to get some new fog lights. and a lower grille insert. still on the wall about what color to go with. i would love to go black but everyone is telling me to keep it the color it is...idk yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne