'01 Denali XL Homelink and Geneie GDO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 'new to me' Denali XL home, and the first thing I tried to do was program the homelink to my Garage Door Opener.

And, guess what? No go.

I have Genie Excelarator GDO. Has anyone had any experience trying to get that combination to work together?

I really don't want to have to keep using my hand-held remote.

Thanks,
EJ

Last edited:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I originally programmed mine I had to do the steps about 20 times before it worked, but once it works it's good to go for years!

DonM3Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ha! I only tried 10 times. I might have to try 10 more times. I have a 2005 Yukon SLT and followed the instructions in the GMC Vehicle manual and could not program Homelink with my garage opener. From reviewing the Genie/Homelink video on YouTube, apparently if you have a Genie remote version 2.0.3, you will not be able to use that remote for programming. The Genie remote must be 2.0.5 version or later. The version number can be found behind the metal clip on the Genie remote. I have read from other forums that folks had luck programming the 2.0.3 Genie remotes to HomeLink, but only while the engine was running. Alternatively, you can just buy a newer remote and it should work. I will try a few other things before turning in the towel and I will also inquire with Genie Technical Support.

Video: "Programming HomeLink to newer Genie Openers"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9