01 Cabin Air Filter Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnatalie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
01 Cabin Filter Install

Alright, this is the 1st time I remembered to take pics as I did something to my truck. I found that this replacement is super easy. $16 at AutoZone and a ratchet. 1) remove the 3 screws holding the cover under the dash (above the pass. feet). 2) remove the screw holding on the cover to the cabin air filter. 3) replace the dirty filter with a clean filter. 4) put it back together. Very easy!

There are a couple of different filters you can get (carbon filter, paper filter, etc.) I went with the paper because it was cheaper but wondered if I would have smelled as many skunks on my last trip to Arkansas if I would have gone with the carbon. Dunno.

Anywho, here's the pics.

Cabin Filter.JPG

Cabin Filter 3.JPG

Cabin Filter 2.JPG

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post bro, thanks for that. I have an 02 and replaced mine and the only issue I had was that I couldn't figure out which direction the air flows? Do you know?

B

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...huh? what and where is the cabin filter in the NBS style?

good post cnatalie :)

I think they stopped putting them in on the 03 and up models? Can someone confirm that please

BOSS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne