0-100 vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's getting there...
got new converter in last week, made back to track last night. cut 60' down and .3 off times. soft launch, unlocked converter entire run.
im thinking cooler weather, hard launch, and lock up after 75mph might get me into the 12s
also picked up another set of heads to get cnc'd and will probably get an intake ported
and ive started collecting some odds and ends for more power and fuel system stuff, still hoping to find a cheap supercharger if not its getting turbo'd
2452_1541819980483.jpeg

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inching closer....
Made a few changes in the tune, upped the threshold for when it starts pulling timing with IAT, while waiting to run they'll climb into the 115-120* range and it doesnt pole fast enough to come back down during run so it's always pulling a degree or two of timing.
First "cold" night of the year, there were a ton of people there, same shit as last week got in two runs and someone blew their pos up and took another 2 hours to get another run in. ***** gettin old.
First pass I tried to launch it off the stall a little but it just spun, 2.05 60' 13.6ish
Next two were just stompers, hooked up pretty good, right lane. Other lane was a hellcat on that one
20181117_194647.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great progress!

Just looked at the track's schedule and they only have one test and tune on a Wednesday for December and no more Friday nights and only twice a month from January on. I sent them an email hoping they're not done updating the calendar.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
james! good to see ya back bud...dunno weight probably the same as before if not heavier add another 300lbs to that :lol:

would like to get a nice night at track i can launch a few different ways to see what works best.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
james! good to see ya back bud...dunno weight probably the same as before if not heavier add another 300lbs to that :lol:

would like to get a nice night at track i can launch a few different ways to see what works best.

Thanks! A fellow from the track wrote back and they've updated the calendar, regular test and tunes twice a week as usual.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o yea? may have to catch a wednesday and hope its a little light on racers.

just saw earlier this friday is only for slick/dr cars because of citrus nationals... dont want street tire cars tearing up the prep :angels2:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o yea? may have to catch a wednesday and hope its a little light on racers.

just saw earlier this friday is only for slick/dr cars because of citrus nationals... dont want street tire cars tearing up the prep :angels2:

We usually made more runs on Wednesday nights. I'm trying to figure out when we can go again and then put out a couple of dates and see if we can all get together again.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is official.....

Nice and cold night, track was packed. Just started doing wednesdays again so I figured it would be empty but weather was perfect.
Right out of the gate had a couple cars break but no fluids on the track so they just had to get them out of the way.
Had them pull me in next to friend of mine with an f150.
No launch just stomped it, didnt feel amazing but 1.7x popped up on the timing board and I stayed in it. Buddy stayed right at my door the whole way down. Was a good race...I didnt look at the slip till we got back in the staging lanes.
I beat him light to light but he ran a faster time. His truck is a 2018 3.5eb 10sp 4x4 4 door about 3k miles with nothing but a tune lol. Little jealous but o well

tried one more run stalling it up on the brakes, wasnt anywhere close to the stall speed maybe 2200-2500 rpm and it just blows the front tires off and kills the 60', i ordered a little lighter springs for the front to bring it down, 900lb/in there now i ordered 750. im not sure if i'll ever be able to launch this thing hard off the stall without any or all of : a different transfer case, locker in the front, drag radials
20181128_193749.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt