Door speaker size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjr5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to the forum and tahoes. I'm looking to replace the door speakers, front and rear. I was wondering what size they are. It looks likes there is to of them in the front doors. Also it's a non bose system.
Any input helps and thanks..

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
front is 6.5"
rear is 5.25"

the front opening is 6.75" but it will still accept a 6.5" and mount fine

if I may recommend you getting RF Punch speakers they are relatively inexpensive and sound amazing on power and will get loud as well :)

Metaldrgn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
crutchfield is way overpriced IMO. I bought some pyle 6.5 component kit speakers for my 98 durango and they sound amazing! the site says they are $97, but you can get some through ebay for half that. Here's a link if you want:

http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail...cat2=Component Kits and Seperates&model=PLG6C

BTW I just got my first Yukon (it's an 01 XL with all the trimmings) and it does not disappoint :D. well except for a few blown speakers and the highs are so horrible and loud.

Last edited:

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
:imo: you should only buy your headunit from crutchfield.. sure it may be a little pricier than other places but you get some of the best online and phone support and they send everything needed to install it

anyways I strongly suggest the RF Punch components
they are less than $100 for the 6.5's and sound very nice.
they are also very easy to wire because they have a crossover in the mid so you just wire the tweeter to the mid and run one wire to your amp and call it done.

if you have any more questions about this or need help picking some speakers PM me and I'll help you get situated :)

bullfrog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
correction, rear doors are 6.5" as well, not 5.25"
so what other speaker sizes do you know i know there is a 10" sub but i have a bunch of pillar speakers i cant find sizes for and are there any tweeters?

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what other speaker sizes do you know i know there is a 10" sub but i have a bunch of pillar speakers i cant find sizes for and are there any tweeters?

Found this in another topic.

Front and rear doors are 6.5"
A pillar tweeterse are about 1"
Rear pillar speakers are 3"
Rear sub is 8"
Front console sub is 6.5"