kill switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one or have used one before? Thinking about installing one in January after I buy and install my new system. Are they hard to install? And will it damage anything by shutting everything down so abruptly?

99Tahoe

Reaction score
I havent noticed any damage in the long run to my amp or sub. It was pretty easy to install. I went to pep boys and got a simple one. Just put the remote wire in and remote wire to the headunit. The one i got required a ground as it had a blue led light. Drilled a hole next to the headunit and it screwed right in.

drod1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what type of kill switch are you talking about? ignition,starter? if you need a wiring diagram let me know.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could you post that diagram up drod? it would be interesting to see

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what type of kill switch are you talking about? ignition,starter? if you need a wiring diagram let me know.

I'm just talking about a simple 12v switch that kills your stereo system, so if I got it cranked and I see a cop coming I can kill it. Do you have a wiring diagram for that?

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
I just run the remote wire from the back of my amp, to a switch in the dash, and then a wire from the remote turn on from the back of the deck to the same switch. So it turns off/on whenever i feel like it. My amp has run like this for about a year now.

drod1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the mute button does work, lol you just put a toggle switch in the remote turn on wire.i used to get a key turn off from a local electronics store, anybody on over 30 years old would know what im talking its like the old alarm style key in the fender style (way back in the day) lol. and i'll post up some pic's of the wiring diagram for both ignition and starter kill hopefully later tonight, im at work right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt