Vacuum Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldsalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's get you on the road project96.
Firstly, the clamp with the vac line in it in the second photo is for the wire loom going to the egr valve and the water temp.
Here are some photographs that should help get you going.
The line you want is a hard plastic line a little over 1/8th dia. It has a dedicated shape and is available at a dealer.
I took these before my last rebuild.

photo1
photo2
photo3
photo4
photo5
photo6

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
man i sure could use some direction on where to put the other end from the heater control valve too.
anyone?????

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

i have a haynes manual and cant find it in there anywhere

I was looking at mine today and saw the hose from the valve going to a nipple below the het hoses on the firewall will verify friday and try pics.

Reaction score
please do. pics would be great. cant figure out where this goes. one end to heater control valve and other end????????:emotions122:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I could be wrong but unfortunately I am away from my truck a few days and forgot to get pictures this morning. Will still try later just in case.

gmcconvert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
haynes manuals ought to be illegal. they tell u enough to get u in trouble and not how to get out.
good luck piecing back someone elses project. that can really frustrate. u need to find a buddy with a c/k truck or hoekon and borrow it for the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick