Liftgate glass spontaneously shattered!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside temp was about 27 degress, I was sitting in the drivers seat with the door open warming up the vehicle (rear defrost was on for a while then off), and all of the sudden the rear glass just exploded. Anyone have this happen before? It did have aftermarket tint as well.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
That happens a lot with vans, I can't remember the details of how and why but when you go to get the glass replaced the tech will explain it better than I

saturday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man i saw a replacement glass on ebay motors last night. not sure the year, but its got to be cheaper than going to the dealship.

:mexsmoke:

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
years ago in high school my buddy had a dodge avenger. his rear window spontaneously shatered out 3 times in less than 2 years

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have full coverage insurance they will replace it free. its a safety hazard.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must heat up too fast or something. Kinda like throwing hot water on a cold window

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts