Big 3/Fusible link question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BennyR72

Reaction score
Doing the Big 3 (actually 4) upgrade and was wondering what advice anyone has for replacing the fusible link, what folks think the safest/best replacement option is.

FYI I'm replacing all the factory wires with 0GA except for the batt + to the fuse box that one's getting a 4GA upgrade.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BennyR72

BennyR72

Reaction score
Also, I have some alternator whine issues so I'm thinking about adding some more grounds.

What I currently have is (-):

-Battery (-) to Engine
-Battery (-) to Chassis (small wire attached on the body to passenger side)
-Ground strap from Frame to Chassis (small post under the AC condenser)
-Ground strap from Engine to Frame (I think, but might be Engine to Chassis)

Is there any benefit or problem with adding:

-Battery (-) to Frame
-Engine to Frame (assuming that the ground strap I already have is going Engine to Chassis)

Thanks again, any and all input is appreciated.

98YukeXLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's the status on this Big 3 /4 upgrade? My 98 Yukon seems to have random intermittent brown outs that cycle truck power for a second or two. Whole truck power does not go out, just drops probably below or at 12V instead of the Alternator's 14V output. It is confusing what's happening as I've had the alternator tested fine. Just wondering now if swapping out the cables will help. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts