Best rotor/pad deal for a 2007+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some decent meat on my current rotors, but they need to be cut at minimum since they have some heat spots on them. So I'm considering of getting new rotors and pads, but want to find good ones at a good price. Anyone have any recommendations?

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with EBC rotors and Hawk pads on my 07 and was happy with them. The OEM ones suck and warp if you look at them wrong.

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with R1 rotors. Came with ceramic pads.

u7egena6.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 on the R1 Concepts! Hit up our preferred vendor (Freedom Motorsports) :)

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now you can click the link in my signature and use coupon code FFDISCOUNT through tomorrow night at midnight pacific and save an extra 15% off with free shipping on everything over $99. Of the rotors represented when you look them up, both the Eline Series and Premium series rotors are high quality products, with the Premium series being the stronger of the two options. I highly recommend the posiquiet ceramic pads for these trucks, I have had them on my Duramax since Jan 09 and on the wife's 04 Yukon Denali next month is two years with very little wear and without loss of braking performance.

Check out their catalog and let me know if you have any questions, I am more than willing to help you find exactly what you need. I offer other brands as well, but I promote the R1Concepts products over others because I believe they are the best possible value.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far.

I have owned different cars/trucks, and one thing I forgot to ask about is brake dust. On BMW's, it is absurd how often you need to clean the wheels, so when it came time to change the pads, I went with a low dust pad. Let me tell you it made a HUGE difference.
So aside from any benefits you get in either cost savings or stopping power with aftermarket rotors/pads, how are the ones recommended with dust?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors and posiquiet pads on two of my rides and have virtually zero issues with brake dust on either one of them.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with going with r1 concepts. They are a great upgrade for the price. Although I have different rotors, I'm running the pos quiet pads and they are awesome. No noise, great stopping power and low dust. I had EBC green stuff before and like the posi quiet over them.

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also went with R1 premium rotors and pos quite pads,,,love that combo,,,look into it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts