Blower won't turn off air always blowing out of vents?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
I knew before I bought my car that it had this problem, and never really thought to much of it because it will be covered under warranty to get fixed....But I would like to try to understand and figure out what's wrong on my own and see what I can do. Basically air is always coming out of the vents in the car, specifically the two middle center vents but if I change it to the defroster dash vents it will change to that. I've also noticed that if I'm not moving or moving VERY slowly that the air will either not blow out or will just be a very slight draft. I obviously have tried turning the temp control wheel to off..and it doesn't shut it all the way off...If I do change the temp the magical breeze does change temp with it...and yes the auxiliary button is also off...What should I do to check things out on my own and possibly fix it?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow I see there's 2 19-year olds named Zach here now. Lol. So if I understand this right...no matter what you can't shut off the air flow in the vents??

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Wow I see there's 2 19-year olds named Zach here now. Lol. So if I understand this right...no matter what you can't shut off the air flow in the vents??

Lol yes...yes there is....and yes you're correct no matter what there is always air flow.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol if you've got knobs that go up and down to adjust the temp, you have manual. If you have + and - buttons and a digital display showing the temps you have auto.

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Lol if you've got knobs that go up and down to adjust the temp, you have manual. If you have + and - buttons and a digital display showing the temps you have auto.

Thats what I thought haha...i have manual

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a vacuum leak or obstruction, the system is not moving the air door back and forth to open and close certain vent processes. They are usually a real pain to work on and correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel