Cost to replace intake manifold gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes to change out a intake manifold gasket on a 2001 5.3 Tahoe or what it's going to cost me?

Last edited:

Jdenton13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If i had to put a time on it i would say an hour or two for somebody that has minimal mechanical skill. It's a really simple job to do with just basic hand tools. I wouldn't pay a shop to do it because they will probably charge a fortune for such an easy job. You might as well replace the knock sensors and harness while you've got the manifold off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

roush611

Reaction score
As stated above it seems like a pretty straight forward job. I need to get mine done and I am being lazy so I have called a few shops and they are all around $400 which I think it outrageous.

VOLZ1207

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doylee, i did my intake gaskets, both knock sensors, and harnesses in my 02 about a month ago in about 3 hours and i got parts at dealer for $268 out the door. I got the green gaskets.
The hardest part was the stinking quick connects on the fuel lines. Argh?#$!?!%*. Also, you will be torqueing in inch pounds, or you can convert to ft. Pounds.
There is a great youtube video. I saw a link on here somewhere, but just try looking up 5.3 intake manifold gasket. Good luck

ttedeschi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing... I did mine several months back and I spent most of the time wrestling with the fuel injector electrical connectors and the fuel line disconnects. I think about 2 hours to get it all apart. and about 30 minutes to get it back together.

davidmnix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing... I did mine several months back and I spent most of the time wrestling with the fuel injector electrical connectors and the fuel line disconnects. I think about 2 hours to get it all apart. and about 30 minutes to get it back together.

What he said... $40 for the green felpro gaskets and go ahead and replace the pcv valve while your in there. Also, this video on youtube was a great help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAqkVW0TCOs&feature=g-list&list=PL30Ldqi0N4t5P3dL64cPFUEaimbBB6LKi

skaffy03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you like to be on the risky side, you don't need to disconnect the quick connect fuel lines. Well, at least I didn't on my buddy's '00 silverado. Oh, and while you're at it, drain the fluids before and replace after the job.

To answer your ?... a local shop qouted my friend about $1000! That's overkill. Do it yourself over the weekend, save $$$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs