Esky Yukon rear Applique? Sure...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is one fine piece of ace, I know from experience dude...looks great man, while I love the paint match look the new applique definitely finishes off the Escalade look

Question though: Serge had quite the issue removing and replacing the applique from a thread I read awhile back, with the studs being locktite and breaking off when unbolting. Did you have any issues doing the swap? Did you get the old one off without breaking it? I've been wanting to take mine off to do an LED lisc plate light retrofit off my BMW and have been scared to take it off after reading Serge's thread

Last edited:

TacHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job Nate... was waiting to hear what it was. Looks fantastic and a nice write up as well!

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question though: Serge had quite the issue removing and replacing the applique from a thread I read awhile back, with the studs being locktite and breaking off when unbolting. Did you have any issues doing the swap? Did you get the old one off without breaking it? I've been wanting to take mine off to do an LED lisc plate light retrofit off my BMW and have been scared to take it off after reading Serge's thread

If you take it off, yes you will break it. Here's a couple pics I just went and took. Yes, I have a few applique's handy. You can see EVERY hole on EVERY applique is broke...

a_zps00c11070.jpg

b_zpsf0102c42.jpg

1_zps5f737dbf.jpg

2_zpse06628a0.jpg

3_zps849a4ccf.jpg

Last edited:

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks! I have a thread bookmarked at home from a GM tech who said to heat up the bolts prior to removal and gave a process that supposedly works without breaking but it's too risky. I really want to do the light mod but not worth having to buy a new applique. Thanks for the pics though, it shows me the inside and lets me know I for sure can make it work if I just get the applique off.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:think: I dunno if...

Yeah, I'm on the fence about it too... leaning towards liking it. It's different, that's what I like.

I like the 2012 premium that's half painted, so I might try that too. But it's just more money to see if it's something I like. I'd have to do the whole process over...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo