2008 Tahoe Hybrid Codes POAC4 and P061B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ponsta12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my Tahoe Hydrid Stalling out. It happens when the engine switches from Electric mode to Gas pode particularly at a stop. The codes that show up ar POAC4 and P061B. I've taken the vehicle to the dealership numerous times and they were not able to fix it. First time they said the throttle body was dirty and it needed to be cleaned. That didn't fix it. Next time it happened they said the batteries were no good, but they couldn't work on the Hybrid since the gloves that they use to work on Hybrid batteries had Expired. Then the next time it happened they said it was the Catalytic Converter...that was change and it still did not fix the problem. I took it in the last time just recently and they reflashed the ECM and said they still don't know what is causing the problem...they supsect it is the aftermarket wheels and tires that is causing the vehicle to stall? The advisor said that Hybrids are very sensitive when it comes the the computer and torque calculation. Does anyone have any idea of what it causing this problem???

Thanks in advance.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. But I would recommend putting the factory rims and tires back on (if you have them) and then take it back to the dealer. there are a bunch of people with aftermarket rims on theirs on this site, and haven't had problems. But until you put your stock rims back on, the dealer could continue to tell you that and not fix the actual problem.

BTW... :welcome: to the site

OP
OP
P

ponsta12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks, Nathan Jax, I belive that is the excuse the dealer is using because they don't know what the problem is. I did some research on the other hybrid website and found similar problems but no solution yet. Anyone think it is battery related? Also anyone know what the warranty period is for the hybrid batteries?

thanks,

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the hybrid components are covered under a separate 96month/100000mile warranty, but I'm not 100% sure. It's at least as long as the 5yr/100k mile powertrain warranty.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ponsta12,

The Hybrid warranty covers the battery pack, 300v cables, Drive Motor/Generator Control Module (DMCM) and Accessory Power Module for 8 years or 100,000 miles to correct any vehicle defect related to materials or workmanship.

If you would me to check my resources for any known issues regarding the problem you are experiencing, please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN.

Louis
GM Customer Service

mossberg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Ponsta12,
I've had a similar stalling problem on my 2008 Tahoe Hybrid. It happened from Auto-Stop mode. I stepped on the gas, but the car did not move and then it stalled out. The Check Engine light came on. I restarted the engine and took it straight to the dealer. They pulled various codes such as throttle position sensor, low voltage, etc. They ended up replacing the 12-volt battery because they said it was completely dead. Keep in mind that this is the 2nd time the 12-volt battery has been replaced in 4 years. Sounds like a short or something that's draining the battery. I'm not so sure that this was the actual cause of the stalling issue. Another problem I'm having is when I shift from reverse to drive, I step on the gas, but the car doesn't move. I have to shift to reverse and then to drive again to get it to move. This happens intermittently, and of course, it doesn't happen when the techs drive it!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ponsta12,
I've had a similar stalling problem on my 2008 Tahoe Hybrid. It happened from Auto-Stop mode. I stepped on the gas, but the car did not move and then it stalled out. The Check Engine light came on. I restarted the engine and took it straight to the dealer. They pulled various codes such as throttle position sensor, low voltage, etc. They ended up replacing the 12-volt battery because they said it was completely dead. Keep in mind that this is the 2nd time the 12-volt battery has been replaced in 4 years. Sounds like a short or something that's draining the battery. I'm not so sure that this was the actual cause of the stalling issue. Another problem I'm having is when I shift from reverse to drive, I step on the gas, but the car doesn't move. I have to shift to reverse and then to drive again to get it to move. This happens intermittently, and of course, it doesn't happen when the techs drive it!

mossberg,

I’m sorry you experienced this issue again. Was your dealer able to resolve the battery issue?

Please note, like a non-hybrid vehicle, if you don't start the engine the 12 Volt battery will not get charged. The 12 volt battery can be sufficiently depleted to cause a no-crank condition in as little as 20 minutes with the ignition in Acc or Run if the engine has not been started.

If you wish to watch a DVD, listen to the radio, tailgate, etc. the engine should be started. Depending upon conditions, the engine may enter the Autostop mode for 30 minutes or more. The 12 volt battery will be charged from the High Voltage battery when the engine is in Autostop.

To avoid exhaust gas build-up, do not start the vehicle in an enclosed location.

If the vehicle is going to be placed into storage or not driven for 25 days the 12v battery should be disconnected.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
P

ponsta12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Louis,
I experienced this problem again. It happened when I put the car in reverse and got error message 'service Stabiltrak' and then ' reduced engine power'. Can you look into this? There was a TSB issued about the Throttle body and I believe this may be the root of the problem.

Thanks.

lw615

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ponsta12,
I have a 2008 Yukon Hybrid that is doing exactly the same thing. Did it end up being the throttle body?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts