'95 Tahoe SS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntimid8r7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive been searching what I think has been everywhere and I can not find any info and my Tahoe. The guy I bought it from was the original owner and claims to have bought it just as it is and never added anything to it. Hes quite an older gentleman so i do believe him. Its 4wd, has an ASC sunroof and what looks to be factory Tahoe SS badges. If its BS its cool, I scored a good Hoe for cheap!

TahoeSS1.jpg

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
There was not ever a factory Tahoe SS. It is just an aftermarket emblem. Sorry, but welcome!

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second what Nathan said. These emblems where around in the 90's everyone was claiming SS. Either the owner was BS'ing you or he has gotten senile either way he added those. Is it a 2-door? I always wanted a nice 2 door, but never found the right one.

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
It was supposed to be a tahoe ss but chevy never released the only thing is the 2000 tahoe limited nice emblems tho

foot to the floor

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those badges do look suspiciously factory ... pics of engine??

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok let me say this Yes "technically" there was a Tahoe SS but it was not called the tahoe SS for insurance reasons it was called the "limited" If you look at a limited and a tahoe SS concept from the 90s you won't see much difference. so to answer the SS rule yes there was a SS but named the limited for insurance reasons, although other than rims an interior package and some ground effects there were not any other performance mods done to either the concept or the limited. do u have any more pictures?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were REAL SS's made, they were concept vehicles. It's possible this guy got one. Engine pics?? NOW!!

When the GMT800 platform based Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon was released for the 2000 model year, a 2WD Tahoe Limited and 4WD Tahoe Z71 remained in production on the GMT400 platform as special edition vehicles. These special edition vehicles were produced in the Arlington, Texas assembly plant for the 2000 model year only.

The Chevrolet Tahoe Limited was based on the Chevrolet Tahoe SS concept vehicle introduced in 1996 that never made it to production. It is reported that GM disliked the idea of an SS badged vehicle at a time when insurance companies were already demanding higher premiums for SUVs.[2] The Tahoe SS prototype vehicles made in 1996 were painted either an unspecified metallic green or metallic blue, but the Tahoe Limited was produced only in black onyx metallic. The Tahoe Limited had a distinctive exterior appearance that included a factory equipped ground effects, a monochromatic theme with bumpers and grille painted in the same high gloss black as the body, removal of the roof rack, and fog lamps integrated into the front bumper. Other notable features of the Tahoe Limited included the Z60 high-performance chassis package (commonly known as the police package) which places the body of the vehicle 2 in (51 mm) lower than the 4WD Tahoe, two tone gray and charcoal leather interior seating surfaces, a 120 mph (190 km/h) gauge cluster, 46 mm (1.8 in) Bilstein shock absorbers, a 3.42 or optional 3.73 rear gear ratio, a limited slip rear differential, an engine oil cooling system, and distinctive 16 in Ronal R36 five-spoke aluminum wheels.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/archive/112_9709_chevy_tahoe_ss_prototype/viewall.html

LOL 16.8 in the quarter ... I can say my truck is faster then a souped up AWD specialty Tahoe. :lol2:

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Ok let me say this Yes "technically" there was a Tahoe SS but it was not called the tahoe SS for insurance reasons it was called the "limited" If you look at a limited and a tahoe SS concept from the 90s you won't see much difference. so to answer the SS rule yes there was a SS but named the limited for insurance reasons, although other than rims an interior package and some ground effects there were not any other performance mods done to either the concept or the limited. do u have any more pictures?

Exactly, but there was never a factory Tahoe SS. There is a Limited, but it is not an SS.

Any factory prototype or concept vehicles would either be put into a museum or are crushed. They do not sell them for road duty because of liability issues.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Maybe the guy worked there. Anything csn be done with a lil cash so i wojldnt be surprised if it was a concept ss. He just has it registered as a normal hoe

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any factory prototype or concept vehicles would either be put into a museum or are crushed. They do not sell them for road duty because of liability issues.
Exactly, concepts can not be licensed for road use. They do not have full vin numbers. These are simply aftermarket emblems. My friend had some like them that said 350 SS on his Silverado he got them from an ad in Truckin magazine. :emotions122::emotions122:

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Maybe the guy worked there. Anything csn be done with a lil cash so i wojldnt be surprised if it was a concept ss. He just has it registered as a normal hoe

Nope, it doesn't happen this way. Maybe back in the 60's but not now.

Here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAHOE-SS-DO...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ccc12aab9&vxp=mtr

Now you can have a so called concept too....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts