Second Row Bucket Seat has a Broken Armrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So somehow one of my second row seats got a broken armrest the weekend before last. I think the seat was folded and tumbled forward when the arm was damaged. It's like it hangs a little looser than it should. It goes a little bit out from the chair and hangs lower than it should. Any idea how to fix it? It almost seems like a screw needs to be tightened somewhere that it connects to the seat.

Here's a picture, I'll try to take more if you guys want me to:
vZtYn.jpg

Jdenton13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That round cap on the armrest pops off and you can take it off from there. I don't remember if its a bolt or nut. I've never taken one off but there might be a stop or something in there that it popped past. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DMOGIRL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
same thing happened to mine. thankfully it is still under warranty and they fixed it. i blamed it on my kids jumping on the arms. :(

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines broken like yours...

p.s. this pic is HUGE.

Anyone have any advice for an '02?

Sorry. I took a few more that are clearer and hopefully not quite as large. It looks like I just need to tighten a nut, but I need to figure out how to get a socket wrench in there. Hopefully I can reach it with an extender.

Also, don't pay attention to the loose stitching on there.

54Wwy.jpg

qTEvJ.jpg

bjj9M.jpg

floggump

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever get a fix for the armrests? Same issue on mine, and I know it's common, with others having the same issue. Dealer fix is not an option.

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get a fix for the armrests? Same issue on mine, and I know it's common, with others having the same issue. Dealer fix is not an option.

Yeah, sorry for not posting a follow-up earlier. I basically just had to tighten that bolt inside the armrest and that took care of it for the most part. I needed one of these in order to reach it:
N1x6R9i.jpg

At the time I had no idea what size I needed, but the people at Advance were nice enough to let me take sockets out to my truck in order to figure out which one was the right size before I bought it.

Bullitt3055

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Avoid lowering and raising the armrest after it's been repaired and everything will be fine.

garymyman

Reaction score
Mine has the same problem. But tightening the bolt does nothing. It feels like the piece inside the chair's upright portion is loose.

I take it there's no easy fix, besides taking it to an upholster shop or, worse, the dealership?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts