How do you remove the clutch fan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I get this ****** fan off? I just ordered E-Fans while the truck is torn apart....

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

Also, since the clutch fan wont be there taking up space...this will be my new style intake...
vemp_0807_03_z+1997_chevrolet_corvette+cold_air_intake.jpg

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, Im gonna fab somethin up...tube will come straight out and down from the throttle body....then Y out with two cones...behind my bottom valance/grill piece in the bumper....

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a vice grip on the inside of the fan pully..get it clamped on nice and hard and proped against something..get a big wrench and twist the nut thats behind the fan..that comes off with the fan..they are a *****

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just need to get the nut off somehow and the fan will slide off with the nut?...then I just leave it like that and install the E-Fans?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Yup you just leave it off. What fans you getting? Scoop the harness from Blackbear, big alternator or a pulley might be a good idea as well.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont have a wrench big enough to fit around the nut...and how do I keep the pulley from spinning? ..seems like a small vise would slip off..

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
I dont have a wrench big enough to fit around the nut...and how do I keep the pulley from spinning? ..seems like a small vise would slip off..

Sounds like a good excuse to go buy some new tools. I always love a new project - it means i get to buy a new tool :hands:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low