evaporator drain is clogged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxxjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello,

i have a 1999 gmc yukon slt old body style 4 door 4x4 5.7. water is dripping from the evaporator box under the glovebox. i want to unclog the evaporator drain/tube. i cant seem to find it though. can someone please tell me where i can find the tube / drain? if you have a picture of the location that would be great.

i have volume 1-4 of the GM 1999 service manula c/k truck. it doesnt show where the drain is or i have over looked it. if it is covered in the service manual please let me know the page number it is on. the manual suggest to unclog the drain, it just doesn't show where it is.

thanks in advance

maX

OP
OP
M

maxxjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you SunlitComet, i will give that a try. if i cant find it, i think im going to take it to the shop in the morning and put it on the rack. i might have better luck finding it that way. if you come up with any other ideas please let me know.
thanks again for your time and help
max

OP
OP
M

maxxjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i took my yukon to the shop this morning. they showed me where the drain is. it is located to the left of the heater core lines that come out of the fire wall. it is a rubber 'L' shaped drain tube. it is easy to remove, but its a trick getting it back on if you have big hands. both front and rear are draining just right now, so all is good. good day!!

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did this on my NBS yukon. a few pipe cleaners worked wonders for me. the drain is under the evaporator near the firewall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan