Hydro-dipped console pieces...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I've switched all my Yukon wood for Denali wood, EXCEPT the cup holders. To me, the cup holders with the lids are pointless. Big cups don't fit, and you can't do anything with the little pocket in front of it.

Like this...
Denali.jpg

I actually use my console for miscellaneous stuff like take out food and even a gallon of milk fits there.

photo-14.jpg

photo.jpg

So, to keep my factory console, I decided to have it hydro-dipped with the Denali wood pattern. It's really been a pain in the butt, but it turned out ok. Just like the armrest, the inside it black and the top trim is wood.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics...

Console.jpg

While I was at it, I had the rear console piece done as well.

Before
After.jpg

After
Rear-1.jpg

Last edited:

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's nice. My buddy has been learning hydro dip. Gonna learn as soon as he shows me.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dip turned out sweet.. what did that run ya if you don't mind sharing...

Exactly... This whole process started about 7 weeks ago with the sanded down wood trim I bought. He had never dipped car parts before so "learned" with my pieces. I haven't had a center console for 4 weeks. About a week and a half ago, I thought my pieces were screwed, so I went out and got a new console for the time being.

For the 3 pieces it was $80, but just dipped doesn't match the glossiness of the factory wood. So then off to the paint shop to clear over it and fix the imperfections of the dipper cost me $100.

The hydro-dipper had to put primer on the pieces, and then having to "redo" the pieces so many times, the tape marks weren't right on, so the entire process has been a pain. It's something that I'll never do again with the hydro-dipper. There's one other place in town that I'm going to check out for my brushed steering wheel spokes.

Last edited:

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Nathan how are they holding up? I was looking at the fake wood trim this morning on the kon and ***** getting old. I'm tired of seeing the FAKE wood. I would rather see fake CF but at least it's something new.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Nathan how are they holding up? I was looking at the fake wood trim this morning on the kon and ***** getting old. I'm tired of seeing the FAKE wood. I would rather see fake CF but at least it's something new.

Perfect. Since I had them clear-coated like your paint is, they're great!

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

How did I miss this , Looks good nathan :party36:

:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy