Check engine light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbird189

Reaction score
My 2003 Yukon has had check engine light on for quite some time now. I gone and had it checked by autozone computer. Its says it is a bank 1 sensor. Well I have replaced it and it still says bank 1 sensor. I put a new air filter in it and ran premium gas but still check engine is stays on. I had the computer delete the code but it keeps showing back up. Could it be the fuel filter needs to be changed? When it is cold starts to blink until I rev the engine for a minute but when I let off the gas the engine sputters but runs just fine when i am driving it down the road? I have heard other threads of similar problems but no answers to them. Can anyone tell how to fix this? I am trying to sell it but I dont want to sell it with any problems.

Attachments

• 100_6191.jpg
    100_6191.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 11

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What code specifically was it?

Usually when the check engine light flashes its because of a misfire. A flashing check engine light means catalytic converter failure is imminent.

gitrduun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best thing you can do is unplug the engine light and sell it "as is,whereis" hahaha

OP
OP
bigbird189

bigbird189

Reaction score
best thing you can do is unplug the engine light and sell it "as is,whereis" hahaha

I have to admit, that was funny. Sorry don't know the exact code. Would the catalytic converter make it run crappy on idle but run fine wile giving it gas?

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm saying you may have a coil, wire, or spark plug that's on it's way out.

What I was saying about the catalytic converter is that if the computer detects a misfire it will flash the light since the raw fuel going through the converter will damage it.

OP
OP
bigbird189

bigbird189

Reaction score
I'm saying you may have a coil, wire, or spark plug that's on it's way out.

What I was saying about the catalytic converter is that if the computer detects a misfire it will flash the light since the raw fuel going through the converter will damage it.

I see, So how do I find out which is bad?:party33:

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the mechanic replaced the correct sensor? When mine went bad, my (ex) mechanic was going to replace the wrong one until I showed him which one it was...

OP
OP
bigbird189

bigbird189

Reaction score
Are you sure the mechanic replaced the correct sensor? When mine went bad, my (ex) mechanic was going to replace the wrong one until I showed him which one it was...

Yes because I was the one who replaced it.

gitrduun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good thing to check is your fuel pressure as well