MAGNAFLOW Exhaust and Tip - 2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to put a MAGNAFLOW on the Suburban, most likely the same or at least close to what I have on the Yukon.

------> Yes, even the Mrs. likes the "rumble" sound.

1.) What type of CHROME TIP do you all have installed on your NNBS Burbs or Tahoes? As the exhaust on the NNBS trucks are somewhat "pointing downwards", what does look good as a tip?

IF YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SO I CAN SHOW THE MUFFLER SHOP WHAT I LIKE.

2.) When installing a MAGNAFLOW, would I have to consider anything based on the Active Fuel Manangement System on my Burb?

Many thanks in advance!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was installed when I bought the truck. Looks fine for now...

Couldn't tell you anything about it though. I can measure it later tonight if you want.

ResDelete.jpg

Rear.jpg

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was installed when I bought the truck. Looks fine for now...

Couldn't tell you anything about it though. I can measure it later tonight if you want.

No need to measure Nathan, thnaks very much. Just need to see what things looks like and this is definitely a start.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two different Magnaflow tips I have had.
GEDC0579.jpg
GEDC0627.jpg

GEDC0294.gif

Thanks very much Neo.

I like the DUAL one, HOW do you attach that back there to the original OEM pipe which is angled downwards? Does the Magnaflow tip bend upwards to make it kind of level out? Or do you get rid of the complete back (not sure what one should call it, is that the muffler bucket there on the NNBS truck?) and just attach the tip with a new straight pipe there?

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The resonator is removed and the tip or tip/extension is added.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removing the resonator is not a problem I investigated this too when I did this on my Yukon and passed smog this month for plates. I live in Cali too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The single tip just required cutting out the resonator and adding some extra pipe (about 8") and a tip.
The dual tip required cutting all the pipe from the rear exhaust hangar back. Then replacing it with about 6" of pipe that goes straight back (not angled to corner like the stock exhaust) and then the dual walled tip.
The first tip cost $50 if I remember right. The second cost $160.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put Magnaflow 12589 and an SLP tip on mine and it's perfect IMO. You can see the tip in my sig. Its ~115 shipped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperdadman