P0171 and P0174 CODES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devious02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Engine came on and these are the codes it's Pulling. The Truck Idels ruff only when cold. I was thinking of changing the MAF Sensor. Has anyone had these codes go off and what did you do to fix it?

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had these codes on my yukon last year. I too started with the cheap and easy stuff like cleaning the MAF, but it turned out to be the intake gasket.

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i just sprayed some carb cleaner or something around the gasket with the yukon running to see if the idle would change

DMSchuler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck was throwing those codes not too long ago. I cleaned the MAF sensor, and changed the plugs and wires. MAF sensor was a bit clogged.

I only threw those codes under heavy acceleration, which is different than what you are describing. I'd agree on the intake manifold gaskets being suspect.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
I am pulling these codes now. I was only pulling P0171. But I had cleaned my MAF, Replaced my PCV and ran seafoam through the vacuum line as well as cleaned my TB. Now I get both these. I bought a new fuel filter this evening and going to see about replacing that.

OP
OP
Devious02

Devious02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually tried a buddy's MAF Sensor didn't dove it. Sprayed carb cleaner around the intak gasket no leak. I just bought a MAP sensor installed it and the light is off and now my truck feels like I have much better response. I have to test it when it's cold.

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
Im having these same 2 codes - my only symptom, not including the check engine light, is having trouble starting (hot or cold). It will turn for 4-5 seconds to no avail - I have to repeat 3-4 times before it lights off. Once started it runs like it always has. I tried the remote start via key fob and it didnt even turn the motor at all, I do hear the fuel pump making what I consider normal sounds. Any ideas?

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without knowing what your fuel pressure is doing, its kind of hard to guess. I just had these two codes and it turned out to be the fuel pump, even though it seemed like it was working right. The in tank sock was clogged and the pump was struggling to supply enough fuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins

Latest posts