NathanJax's 2007 Yukon Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sup fellas... Some of y'all might remember me from my previous ride on here...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5284

But over the weekend, I bought a 07 Yukon SLT.

PFUp.jpg

PR.jpg

Front1.jpg

I already debadged, not sure if I want the side moldings off or not. I can't take the front wind vent off right now because it was put on with METAL CLIPS so it's scratched and chipped the paint in 2 places underneath on each far side. Guess I'll be stopping by the paint shop tomorrow to get an estimate.

Already had the chrome handles, chrome side mirrors, chrome tow hooks, and a denali rear bumper. I guess the were added on by the original owner. I'm not sure I like the side mirrors. Not sure if the chrome is just a cover, but I might need the Esky ones.

I already swapped the exterior and interior lights for LEDs and ordered the G5 tails. I will get the Esky appliques and colormatch them, Esky 3rd brake light, Denali roof rack, Some type of chrome upper and lower grill, big stereo, etc. etc...

Just wanted to say hello...

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Nathan ... she's beautiful.

Shame about the hood ... crazy that someone would damage the paint with an accessory intended to protect it.

Can't wait to see the mods evolve. :waytogo:

--------------------

ETA: Looks like the previous owner stuck some adhesive chrome trim on the rear bumper too. :think:

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have a fresh canvas for modding;)

Killer Esky that you had.......

Why did you sell it?

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the previous owner stuck some adhesive chrome trim on the rear bumper too. :think:

It looks just like the Denali pad but maybe still looks like the bumper from a Yukon... I was gonna start a different thread about it. Maybe you can tell me.

R.jpg

Killer Esky that you had.......

Why did you sell it?

I get bored with vehicles. I had 4 of them last year. The Esky, a trailblazer, a trailblazer SS, and an STS...

F.jpg

DS.jpg

DR.jpg

DF.jpg

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally understand. BUY-MOD-ENJOY-SELL. Repeat. I'm the same way although I think I'm going to hang onto this one for awhile.....

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm, I think if it were the oem pad with the chrome trim it would stick out, as it is too big for the base bumper. So if it doesn't it almost certainly is taped on trim. Pretty easy way to tell if you get up close ... the nali/esky pad and chrome trim are two different parts that attach to each other through clips, chrome strip is just 3Med on.

But if you can't tell at least it was put on straight and proper. :)

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Btw, did you check if the handles are chrome or just chrome caps?
Previous owner could have been partial to doing stuff everywhere on the cheap.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm, I think if it were the oem pad with the chrome trim it would stick out, as it is too big for the base bumper. So if it doesn't it almost certainly is taped on trim. Pretty easy way to tell if you get up close ... the nali/esky pad and chrome trim are two different parts that attach to each other through clips, chrome strip is just 3Med on.

But if you can't tell at least it was put on straight and proper. :)

[Btw, did you check if the handles are chrome or just chrome caps?
Previous owner could have been partial to doing stuff everywhere on the cheap.

Full chrome handles, not stick on. And the pad sticks out like 3/4 of an inch. It doesn't feel like the pad is on all the way. I'm guessing it's just the denali pad on the yukon bumper. But It doesn't look horrible. Maybe I'll throw some 3m tape underneath and call it a day (for now)

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh okay ... good news on the handles, and in a strange way, on the bumper pad as well.

That pad and trim are actually quite expensive parts and not the easiest to find on their own ... so they'll be there waiting when you're ready to swap to an esky bumpa! :)

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh okay ... good news on the handles, and in a strange way, on the bumper pad as well.

That pad and trim are actually quite expensive parts and not the easiest to find on their own ... so they'll be there waiting when you're ready to swap to an esky bumpa! :)

So now all I would need it the actual denali/esky molded bumper then, correct?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, just the bumper cover and the hitch cover.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if they make the esky/nali bumper cover without reverse sensor holes (looks in the pics like you don't have those). You might have to buy some and stick them in there without wires to plug the gaps. But I'm not sure about this so a little investigating might be in order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos