Can you siphon gas out of a 2007 Yukon Denali XL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davey

Reaction score
I just have a quick question, Does anyone know if you can siphon gas out of a 2007 Yukon XL Denali or does it have the anti-siphon device on it? Thanks, David

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
If you manage to suck the gas through a hose, be sure you have someone nearby to call 911. Every now and then, some yahoo from my parts of the state winds up in the hospital from swallowing too much gas before they can get the hose into a container. :evillol:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
the answer is no. There is a check ball in the filler neck that will block hoses from going into the tank, but allow gas to get by. You could hewever drill a hole in the bottom of the tank:hahano:

cvdaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a check ball. You can disconnect the filler hose from the tank and get a hose in that way. I had to drop my tank to replace the fuel pump. I got about 15 gallons out using a hand pump.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, apparently the obvious question passed everyone's radar...

WHY DO YOU NEED TO SIPHON THE GAS??

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought about that-- going around having a full tank of gas at sometimes 4.80 a gallon when it was that high-- i invested in a lockable gas cap for $20 think about it 26 x almost 5 and thats $130 not only unprotected but some moron could put sugar in it or some sort of malpheasance-- its cheap insurance , uses a key, and never had a problem- just get the correct cap for ur make/model..

the more you know.... (ding)

OP
OP
D

Davey

Reaction score
Sorry I have not been able to post. The reason for my post was, I told my wife to fill up with high test because I am getting a tune this weekend from BBP and I wanted to run a tank of high test through it then fill up with more high test for the in person tune. Well.... I think it went in one ear and out the other because I ended up with 27 Gallons for 87... I have 4 empty gas cans in the shed and I was going to fill them up with the gas in the truck then go get a tank of high test to run through... but it looks like I am just going to have to burn it out and fill up with the high test for the tune.... So "Knock on Wood" there is nothing wrong with the truck I was just trying to kill two birds with on stone if I was able to siphon the gas out. No big deal. Thanks for all the information guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy