Onstar wiring diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trublew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know what the 5 wires are for the onstar? what they do/go to?
-orange/black
-yellow/black
-brown/white
-turquiose/white
-green/black

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trublew, what year? I have one for 99-02 trucks if it will help.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha covered Matt. Dan, don't know if this will help, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

YUKON_ONSTAR.jpg

Btw, Matt, if you're trying to run an accessory off that wiring it may not work. I tried running the power and ground for a video monitor off that with no success.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know what the 5 wires are for the onstar? what they do/go to?
-orange/black
-yellow/black
-brown/white
-turquiose/white
-green/black

This is what my schematic lists:

orange/black - Voice Low Reference
Yellow/black - Keypad Green LED signal
brown/white - Keypad Red LED signal
turq/white (dark green/white???) - Keypad signal
green/black - Keypad supply voltage

CaptKarnage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gotcha covered Matt. Dan, don't know if this will help, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

View attachment 121536

Btw, Matt, if you're trying to run an accessory off that wiring it may not work. I tried running the power and ground for a video monitor off that with no success.

Sorry to resurrect a 10 year old post, but I recently got a 2002 Tahoe and have to replace the stereo. I want to retain as much factory stuff as possible, and the OnStar diagram you posted is the best one I've found. I had thought, and lots of other sites implied, that OnStar is connected to the stereo. But from that diagram, I don't see a connection at all. The one question I have is, if that's the case, where does the OnStar voice come from? I ask because I don't see a speaker in that diagram, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan