Fog retro question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Bit the bullet, too. I just ordered some of the P1's. I think at this point they'd be easier to retro into what I'm doing anyway.

Thanks Ezdaar for selling me on these...the thing that really got me over the edge is you're running 50w which is what I will be doing as well.

Soulsea: ?? What's the project?? Behind the grill? Backup lights? Inquiring minds want to know....

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I happen to be by the dealer and saw a new gmc terrain. I noticed what seemed like projector fogs on it. So I went to my buddy at the parts dept and pulled up the part (GM 10335108).

And low and behold:

s107902_1.jpg

I wonder if it may be a good alternative instead of the Blazers or Fusions.

I'll try to find a better pic, but they look small and wicked on the terrain. :)

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Oh and Tony sells aftermarket clones of them: http://www.1aauto.com/1A/fog-lights...opping&utm_source=google_base&utm_content=LFL

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Could be a good find. They are halogen, though, so of course the question will be, "can they handle HID's?"

I'm tapped out...someone else buy some and see how they do. ;)

rippinitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have the dimensions of those p1s? i might buy a set to and retro into my fogs

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be a good find. They are halogen, though, so of course the question will be, "can they handle HID's?"

I'm tapped out...someone else buy some and see how they do. ;)

I posted an ebay link on hidp of someone selling one for $30.

Might be perfect for teh experiment. :)

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-Lamp-NEW-10335108-/380344485741?item=380344485741&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1189

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

And it takes H11 bulbs which means it will handle a HIR 9011 bulb. ;)

Plus someone had HIDs on it for 2 years with no issues (see hidp thread)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
P1's should be here in the next day or two. Unfortunately, my new 3000k Morimoto 3five 880's are back-ordered with TRS....

:(

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Just got the P1's.

A quick check shows that with the projector/halo fogs I bought, if you remove the projector these fit PERFECTLY inside the halo and in the existing bracket/holes. All you need is about 1/4" worth of spacers and slightly longer screws than it comes with. My buddy has some shrouds that fit perfectly in the housing, too, so the P1 projectors + shrouds may fit like a glove (I took out the halos...not a big fan).

Honestly, after closer inspection, externally the projectors are identical. They obviously share the same manufacturer. But the ones that came with the halos have a cheap, flaking chrome finish on the front of the cutoff shield, and the lens is not as clear or high-quality looking. Very interesting. So, the short version is you can get these halos, ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-YUKON-DENALI-SIERRA-DENALI-HALO-PROJECTOR-FOG-LIGHT-/130533198014?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASierra+Denali&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e646288be ) easily take out the existing, pre-wired, non-HID projector, and sub in a P1. It's a matter of taking two screws out to do it, and the fit will be perfect.

Comparing the P1 output to Blazers and Fusions tonight, but from a pure fitment standpoint, these P1's are going to be simple. I don't even need the mounting bracket they came with. I'm hoping the output is as clean and sharp as the Blazer.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Quick pic of one of the P1's mounted in the preexisting housing bracket. Nicely centered and everything. Just need something to fill the gap around it. This is not the final product, but shows the exactness of the fit. If the projector that came with it wasn't an H3 halogen I'd compare the output of the two to see if there is any difference at all.

4bf700de.jpg