Dropping a new 2011 Tahoe LS - 24 inch rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14kvision

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I recently purchased a new 2011 Tahoe LS and I’m looking for some advice/guidance on lowering it.

I think I’ve settled on ’24 inch KMC Slides’. I have a smaller garage with just enough room to pull the truck in with the mirrors folded and the height is a pretty tight fit. I’m presuming that once I get the 24’s on the height will increase substantially; for this reason (and just because I think it will look better) I would like to lower it either right before or after I get the new wheels.

My questions are:

1) I know nothing about lowering a vehicle – never done it before. What exactly do I need? Being that this is a new vehicle I don’t want to ghetto rig it and I want to do it the right way without damaging the vehicle or making any changes that can't be reversed later. Someone told me that the Tahoe has air suspension or something that will be disabled if I lower it??? If you could give me a link to everything I need to purchase I would be very grateful!

2) With 24 inch KMC Sliders what drop will give me the same ride height as I have now with the stock wheels on? (I don’t want to be really, really low – I like the height I drive at now) but I don't want a big gap in the wheel well.

3) Should I lower the vehicle before or after I get the new wheels – or does it not matter?

Again, I’m new to all this so forgive my ignorance; I do appreciate your help though.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rim size doesnt change anything unless you go bigger tires, 24" rim means less tire sidewall.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your ride height will be close to factory as will your tire height if you get the correct tire size. I am running 305/35/24's and i think speedo is off by maybe 1 mph so they are close to factory size.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have em with no suspension mods and it rode fine and only rubbed at full lock in reverse--
New2.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2/3-4 belltech kit would be perfect on 305 35 24.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts