Finding my PCV Valve is like finding Waldo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03z71nj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wish people wouldn't post information without doing their research first.

Your PCV is not dirty. Thats a special type of PCV valve. It's meant to reduce oil consumption.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

That's my point so they shouldn't sell a replacement just a cleaning should be suffice IMO

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A623Z

Reaction score
and if you haven't done this I strongly recommend it. I know my truck drives better after replacing it. $4 at Napa and 30 seconds of your time.

What kind of issues do you encounter when the PCV valve is bad? I like to do little fixes like this but I don't know if mine needs to be replaced

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of issues do you encounter when the PCV valve is bad? I like to do little fixes like this but I don't know if mine needs to be replaced

Increased oil usage for one. Mine is the rattle type. Seems to vary from year to year. Truck just seems run better like I freed something up or it's breathing better.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL the old ones rattled the new ones do not. there was a service bulletin about this somewhere

OP
OP
tml4life

tml4life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this is what I am dealing with, it really does look like its not meant to come out, I looked at the PCV valve I was given at the parts store and there is no way that it could fit back where this one belongs, so Im thinking that some of the blocks do have a removable PCV and others don't.

IMG_5033.jpg

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is what I am dealing with, it really does look like its not meant to come out, I looked at the PCV valve I was given at the parts store and there is no way that it could fit back where this one belongs, so Im thinking that some of the blocks do have a removable PCV and others don't.

IMG_5033.jpg

It pulls out. The PCV has to be removable, it gets clogged up and is a part meant to be replaced. I thought the same thing when I saw my PCV.

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It pulls out. The PCV has to be removable, it gets clogged up and is a part meant to be replaced. I thought the same thing when I saw my PCV.

I have an 04 4.8L, and mine looks exactly the same. I cannot figure out how to get it out either. I read somewhere else that the 2004's and up have a permanent PCV. That doesn't make any sense to me, but looking at it in my engine bay, I can't for the love of christ figure out how to get it out either. I've also noticed that when you are searching for a PCV on parts websites, some will show one available for my yukon and other places will not (autozone shows one available, summit racing does not).

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Update: I went ahead and checked a couple of other online retailers for the PCV for an 04, 4.8L:

Napa - N/A
O'Reilly - N/A
Advanced Auto - listed one as available, same thing as autozone, here's what they are recomending:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=266133_0_0_

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...alve-Spectre_22905723-P_N5001_P|GRP2019_____#

If THAT is what the PCV looks like for my yukon, I don't see ANY way of getting the old one off and the new one on. I will try to post some close ups after work.

OP
OP
tml4life

tml4life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also read elsewhere that on 04's and up the PCV is permanent, mine definitely needs to be cleaned, just have to figure out how to do it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore