Rear AC hose leaking on my 1999 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DevonTheDude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Yukon Denali that is leaking refrigerant. :gunner: I found the leak at a hose connection by the passenger side rear wheel. I am attempting to replace the hose; however, there are multiple AC Delco items that look like they may fit. Is there anyway to know which i should buy?

Also, is it possible that the line does not need to be replaced since it is leaking at the connection? Anything else i can do to fix it?

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome: Can you get close-up and wide shots of the area in question please. This will enable me to find the correct part for you. In the meantime tape over the leak in question it will not stop the leak but will try and keep moisture and debris from getting inside.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DevonTheDude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply sunlitcomet!

I attached a few pictures of the hoses. The wider one seems to be the culprit.
You can see still see the stains from the last attempt to recharge the system, it all leaked out in about 5 minutes.

Also, do you have any idea how much a repair like this would cost? ball park of course

Thanks again!

Attachments

• AC Hose 001.jpg
    AC Hose 001.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 33
  • AC Hose 002.jpg
    AC Hose 002.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 31
  • AC Hose 003.jpg
    AC Hose 003.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
D

DevonTheDude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The one that ends in 50 appears to be the correct one. Other than the cost of hose replacement you will have to find a local shop to discharge what is left in the system and when you are done ave it evacuated and recharged. I shop will probably discharge for free. But will maybe charge less then $125 to recharge and test as long as you cap off the hose/lines from front right away you can probably keep the accumulator /drier you have now.

OP
OP
D

DevonTheDude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not looking good so far. The part I received (ending in 50) attaches perfectly to the rear evaporator, but looks to be about half the length of the hose that is installed. It is still at the mechanic, so hopefully he can work some magic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts