The new HID's wont come on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a brand new set of 9006 35w 8k HID's from DDM yesterday and installed them according to DDM's instructions and neither one of them will light up. Where do I start to trouble shoot? Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you!

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flip the harness plugs. Lots of people have that issue.

OP
OP
raptorforme93

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was it! Thanks guys. That's a design flaw. Haha. The ballast has the tab for the socket to clip onto on the wrong side so i thought I had it on there correctly

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was it! Thanks guys. That's a design flaw. Haha. The ballast has the tab for the socket to clip onto on the wrong side so i thought I had it on there correctly

Yeah I know, kinda retarded huh? Oh well, they work and hold up! Have had mine in my lows for a while now.

OP
OP
raptorforme93

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its stupid but whatever. Haha. They look awesome and I have heard nothing but good reviews about them :) I'm glad I finally got a set!!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Actually maybe not a design flaw. When you buy the kit considered to be universal from ddm the harness wiring design may have been originally based on a foreign cars electrical system and for reasons for simplicity of inventory was just left that way but still allowed the harness to be reversed to allow it to be universal.:imo:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your logic is not welcome here! Ha-ha, just kidin bud, thats probably what the deal is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts