Replacing the Body Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadDashDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the site.

My radio, windows and winshield wipers are turning off and on randomely while I drive my 2000 early model Yukon Denali and after a lot of research I've come to find that it is due to a bad BCM (Body Control Module)

I talked with a GM mechanic and he said it most likely is a bad BCM and not just a loose wire.

I've taken off the center console and can see and touch the BCM but it is a pain to take out with just the top of the console removed.

Has anyone ever had to replace their BCM on their Denali and have you tried doing it yourself?

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask somebody from Black Bear (They're on here). They could tell you.

......and Welcome.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score

My radio, windows and winshield wipers are turning off and on randomely while I drive my 2000 early model Yukon Denali and after a lot of research I've come to find that it is due to a bad BCM (Body Control Module)

I talked with a GM mechanic and he said it most likely is a bad BCM and not just a loose wire.

I've taken off the center console and can see and touch the BCM but it is a pain to take out with just the top of the console removed.

Has anyone ever had to replace their BCM on their Denali and have you tried doing it yourself?

It's pretty easy to get to in the center console. I have one if you think yours is bad.

OP
OP
M

MadDashDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kses123- I'm in the center console, but the BCM is buried deep under wires and the sub. Once I get the BCM out.

Chip- I'll ask someone from Black Bear (don't know who/what that is, but I'll find it) and thanks for the welcome ..

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Bear is a site sponsor. They tune BCMs.

OP
OP
M

MadDashDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, Black Bear doesn't deal with BCMs.

I might have to settle taking it in to get repaired. The wires sit under the sub and seems almost impossible to detach the wires from the BCM without taking out the sub

rstack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Hi - just wondering if you ever managed to get the BCM out and how you did so? I believe I am up against the same issue and was told by the dealership that they would have to take the front seats out to access the module... pricey and I am a little sceptical... The truck is an OBS 2000 GMC Yukon Denali.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak