Where is the PCV or Brake induction line on a Denali? ASAP please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of cleaning my TB and MAF and doing a top end Seafoam treatment. Got the first part done, but I can't figure out what line is the right one to put the Seafoam in.

D'uh.......someone have pity on me and help....

:emotions122:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hear ya go buddy!! Good luck with the seafoaming!!

Attachments

• Seafoam.JPG
    Seafoam.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 142
OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Chris, you are the man....thanks!!

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Dammit, my truck doesn't look like that. And all the hoses are clamped on. The videos I've seen just have someone popping it off by hand like it's no big deal.....

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a pic of what you have to work with under the hood and we can figure something out for ya!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Roger that. I better before I screw something up.

I took one hose off that looked likely, and fluid came squirting out. Is that bad? Only lost about an ounce, but I know brakes are touchy....

Going to get a pic now.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

da4247c1.jpg

6337191e.jpg

ba11cf3c.jpg

c4c294e9.jpg

I took that top hose off because it looked like it was going directly to the engine, but fluid came out. Luckily I didn't just yank it off, I was being careful so I didn't lose much and jammed it back on there. Car was off at the time, if that is important?

Last edited:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the different brake setup, I think the hydroboost is what they call it!! Try looking behind the air intake manifold and you should see a good sized hose coming out of the back of it and that is where you should be able to do the seafoam through! That's where my brake booster hose that I pointed to goes to, should be able to take it off without any fluids coming out and it should have vacuum at it when the truck is on! All you would have to do is take the hose off and attach another hose to the intake to suck the seafoam out of!

First pic is of the route my hose takes from the brake booster to the back of the intake before the top engine cover is taken off.
Second is after the engine cover is taken off and where the hose connects to the back of the intake!!

Hope this helps!!

Attachments

• Seafoam2.jpg
    Seafoam2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Seafoam3.JPG
    Seafoam3.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Alright, cool. I'll try that. Gotta run someone home, I'll check it when I get back. Brakes still work, though...lol. I took a quick spin to double check. ;)

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to check the brake fluid level as well to make sure you didn't loose too much!!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Finally got it. Sun's going down, too. I was running out of time...lol.

Thanks for your help! It produced much smoke. Cleaned the MAF and TB earlier. When we took my wife's cousin home before doing the Seafoam just now, the engine never even tried to stall. Air condition and all. Maybe that's all she needed was a bath.

:)

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked for you, whenever my truck starts to wanna stall out I just do the TB, Maf and seafoaming and it goes away and runs awesome!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts