01 tahoe door panel removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to take my door panels off without breaking them?

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Ill +1 you on that
I'm new Ishmael and attepmted it once but got scared I was removing it wrong so I shoved it back in...I need to get to my passenger side tweeter thing feel out of place..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Doomsta510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a few screws you need to remove in order for the panel to come off. There's a hole under the arm rest with a screw inside, theres also about 2 or 3 screws running the bottom/front of the door. You will also have to pop off the trim piece around the door handle(pops right off)

Last edited:

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once all the screws are out remember GM uses a little different tab than alot of makers...alot of makers use ones that pull straight out. not gm. they have tabs that u have to lift up on the door panel and out to get them out of the holes in the doors.

whitehoe01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the door will have 3-4 hex's in it that you have to take out. and simply pull up on the door...
im gonna replace my morel tweeters today with my new eton's. (sound 3x better) i can take pics for you if you'd like... dont really have time for a right up but i can set you in the right direction

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2001 Tahoe door panel removal

At least with my own '01. All you need to do is remove the triangular corner piece on the upper inside of the door (towards hinge side) then (1) hex screw located just under arm rest area, remove this. Then lift up on door panel to "un-hinge" it from metal frame. It has around 6-8 hinges that the panel will re-hook to when putting panel back onto steel door frame. It's basically line up hinges to slotted holes,then slide downward back onto frame. Will have to take out door handle plastic pop-out piece from the panel. the door lock plastic slider switch will also have to be replaced back onto door (last). once inside you'll probably see a clear plastic liner protecting metal door (unless you've already had after market work done (like dynomat) access to speakers is easy from here.

whitehoe01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least with my own '01. All you need to do is remove the triangular corner piece on the upper inside of the door (towards hinge side) then (1) hex screw located just under arm rest area, remove this. Then lift up on door panel to "un-hinge" it from metal frame. It has around 6-8 hinges that the panel will re-hook to when putting panel back onto steel door frame. It's basically line up hinges to slotted holes,then slide downward back onto frame. Will have to take out door handle plastic pop-out piece from the panel. the door lock plastic slider switch will also have to be replaced back onto door (last). once inside you'll probably see a clear plastic liner protecting metal door (unless you've already had after market work done (like dynomat) access to speakers is easy from here.

yep, but for some reason i thought the door had more tha 1 hex screw... ???
im waiting for it to stop raining and i can go take picks as i take my panels off or better yet a video if you'd like but of course it'll take a lot longer to upload a 720p hd video vs pics...
just let me know...

whitehoe01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
follow the pics i posted.
i forgot to mention to remove or disconnect the window/lock controls but im sure you know that part
since i can only upload 5 pics at a time i have 2 post for the pics.

Attachments

• 100_0740.jpg
    100_0740.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_0741.jpg
    100_0741.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_0742.jpg
    100_0742.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_0744.jpg
    100_0744.jpg