2011 Tahoe LTZ Service Tire Monitor System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wwolfe

Reaction score
I traded in my 07 Black LTZ and picked up my new 11' Diamond White LTZ last night. I had the dealer install my Silverado SS Chrome 20" wheels with new Toyo Proxes tires on the 11'. The Silverado SS rims had the factory TPMS monitors from my original 07 LTZ wheels. Drove the tahoe home and everything was fine. 1/2 way to work today the Service Tire Monitor System light came on and is staying on. Tire pressure is no longer displayed and only dash marks. This worked last night and part of my ride to work. Any idea the issue? I am traveling now for business but when I get home I am going to try to reset and see what happens. Any ideas? Tires are still OEM factory (275/55/20) & wheels are 20x8.5 with 22mm offset opposed to factory 31mm.

Hoping I just need to reset but not sure if anyone else has run into this same issue.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try and do a TPMS reprogramming - turn the truck on, hold down the lock and unlock button on the keyfob simultaneously for 5 seconds to enter TPMS relearn mode (the truck will make a sound and the dash will say TPMS Active or similar).

Then you let air in or out of each wheel until the truck's horn chirps. I think the order you go in is left front, left rear, right rear, right front. Might want to search to get the right order.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zach....do you know if you have to go through those steps every time you replace your tpms sensors??

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Really? So everytime you rotate your tires you gotta go through this little procedure?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty sure the sensors in the 07' trucks are completely different than the ones used in 08-11. What color is the valvestem? If it is silver, you have to swap the sensors out. You need the black rubber 2 piece sensors.

OP
OP
wwolfe

wwolfe

Reaction score
The actual sensors are black and thread into the special rubber valve stem with a #7 star driver. The valve stem is the long black style used on all TPMS systems I have seen on GM vehicles. These are easy to notice and different than standard balack valve stems given the long caps. I do not think the 2011's have steel valve stems. As mentioned, these worked when I left the dealer and half way to work and then the light came on.

I will check again at the dealer lot to see if they have changed valve stems.

I also looked on GM Parts Direct.com and they show TPMS monitors that fit 07-11 Tahoes.

Not sure...but want it resolved!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT