HID - Wiring Harness Benefit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
What is the benefit to the DDM Wiring Harness?

I bought the 35w (lows) and 55w (highs).

Also, when i plugged the lights into the extra harness nothing happened...other then my car was stuck with the highbeams on (no light came out though..blue high beam indicator light on the dash)

Any ideas?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some recommend using it if you have HID high's and low's. I have both and don't use the harness. No problems... yet.

laxman21

Reaction score
What is the benefit to the DDM Wiring Harness?

I bought the 35w (lows) and 55w (highs).

Also, when i plugged the lights into the extra harness nothing happened...other then my car was stuck with the highbeams on (no light came out though..blue high beam indicator light on the dash)

Any ideas?

You get full voltage from the battery instead of what you get through the stock wiring that must travel through you switch.

Sounds like a bad ground if nothing happened or you need to reverse the polarity.

Also the HIDs warm up fast, especially if you have high HIDs.

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
yes - i flipped the ends and nothing.

This weekend when I have the chance to take the whole damn grill off again I'll keep playing with it. It could have easily been me screwing up b/c it seems so simple!!

I was just reading from another member that when he spliced into his stock harness after running HID's he found points within the wire that had melted.

With the amps those lights draws versus our stockers, it makes sense to use the harness.

laxman21

Reaction score
yes - i flipped the ends and nothing.

This weekend when I have the chance to take the whole damn grill off again I'll keep playing with it. It could have easily been me screwing up b/c it seems so simple!!

I was just reading from another member that when he spliced into his stock harness after running HID's he found points within the wire that had melted.

With the amps those lights draws versus our stockers, it makes sense to use the harness.

Was this just plugged into the stock harness or where you using the HID to battery harness? If you are using the HID harness, check your ground as a bad ground will keep the lights from working.

Bad ballast could also be a cause.

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
ballasts were good, they lit no problem off the factory harness.

Maybe it was the ground...i secured it directly to a bolt that ran into the body.

I did only check one harness...i guess it's possible the harness was bad too.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My harness had the relay wired up wrong, had to reside it.
Also the polarity on the hid ballast ug was backwards.

If it wasn't for these wiring issues ddm would be best place to buy from

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
harness stops the mis-fires, and possible cluster errors when initial start surge hits computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11