hid offroad lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Hid offroad lights are too expensive, so I was thinking. What if I bought some regular ones and added a hid kit? Do regular offroad lights accept the style of bulb hid kits offer? I never looked to see the plug type but I'd imagine offroad light bulbs would be replaceable.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't think you could put a headlight style bulb in my KC Daylighters or my Procomp Explorers. far from the size of a headlight bulb.

now if you could get your hands on replacement HID's for the other lights on the cheap and some ballasts you might be in business.

to tell you the truth i am pretty content with how bright my KC's are, should know about the explorers tomorrow if weather permitting.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Why not. Ive installed Hids in my reverse lights that arent meant for it. Its a matter of finding the best fitting bulb and making it work.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where do they usually mount the ballasts for the HID's though?

edit: nvm found the answer while looking for some replacement bulbs for my explorer's. thinking about putting the 130watt bulbs in them instead of the 55watt. same H3 bulb.

Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like most of the HID lights have an "antishock" housing. wonder how long they will last in a normal housing if they are getting beat on.

also came across some HID conversion sets on 4wheelparts.com for a few of the lights. ballast is made into the harness and they look to be waterproof.

EFAJEEP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same thing in my KC 26's driving lights and came across these as an alternative..although I have read that it can be done.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/CSM0/99000CSK.oap?pt=N0394&ppt=C0335

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/CSM0/99004.oap?pt=N0394&ppt=C0335

+1 I belong to a Kawasaki Teryx Forum and alot of people like these. Great bang for the Buck. I think you can get them on Amazon for 100 each no tax and free shipping. Then maybe sell your offroad lights you planned on converting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts