Yukon/Tahoe towing Capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

47knuckle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to tow a 29' travel camper that has a total capacity of about 7,000 lbs. Does anyone know what the capicty is of either vehicle? I'll be using a stabilizer hitch. I just wondering if the vehilce can handle it. This will be for a cross country trip

Thanks,
Tim

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Depends on the truck's specs and model year. Engine size makes a difference. Stabilizer will help. I think the top for Tahoe/Yukon is about 7500, with over 8000 for the Denali.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hi-jack here but do you guys think a 03 Yukon 5.3 would be able to tow my Silverado SS to the track? truck weighs around 5700 lbs + a trailer. im sure it COULD do it but will it do it safely is what im not sure of

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
Niko, you should be fine towing that. A friend of mine tows a enclosed trailer with a Camaro, tools, golf cart, and a atv to the track all the time. They have a 2002 Hoe.
They do use a stabilizer though.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Niko, you should be fine towing that. A friend of mine tows a enclosed trailer with a Camaro, tools, golf cart, and a atv to the track all the time. They have a 2002 Hoe.
They do use a stabilizer though.

sweet thanks for the fast reply. even tho my truck rarely breaks its just peace of mind knowing if something happens at the track im not up the creek. i will look into a stabilizer when/if i buy a trailer

Last edited:

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tahoe should be able to pull that trailer, you might want to think about airbags so you can level out the tahoe so your back end is not dragging so bad.

The tahoe should be able to tow much more than 7500 but towing it safely and stoping safely is a different story

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 1999 Yukon Denali and it say my Max tow is 6500. I'm correct..

I live up a hill and i have to put the SUV on Reverse and drive up the HILL in Reverse to park my Boat into my Driveway.

I have not try to tow yet. but if i did well it work, and if it will work. will it damage anything like my Tranny?

SUV Info:

Gear Ratio - 3.73
V8 5.7L
200k Miles
Oil Pressure . Great over 40 PSI

Last edited:

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
I'm not sure what kind of hill you live on...or what kind of boat for that matter, lol.
But my old 2006 crew cab silverado with the itty bitty 4.8l pulled our 20' Stratos with a lug of a bored and polished 175hp and had a Yamaha Raptor in the bed from Baton Rouge to Lake Sam Rayburn MANY times and never had a struggle. In fact we were cruising about 85-90 a lot of the time.

It IS harder on your tranny, and bad on gas, but you should be fine depending on how big that boat it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu