Lights will not turn off and door buzzer will not stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevinmac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My son has a 1997 Tahoe LT and the door buzzer will stay on even when the car is running with the doors closed. All of the lights including the door open and dome lights will not turn off unless I hit the the dome override switch. I had a friend put new speakers in his car and was wondering if the problem may be in the door panel. Does anyone know a quick fix on how to stop the buzzing so I can at least have him drive it to school prior to fixing the entirre problem

TheBigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you look to the right of where the lever is to open the trunk on the driver side you can see a panel where the buzzer is plugged in and all you have to do is pull the big fuse lookin thing out of that panel and that problem should be solved.

OP
OP
K

Kevinmac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My son has a 1997 Tahoe LT and the door buzzer will stay on even when the car is running with the doors closed. All of the lights including the door open and dome lights will not turn off unless I hit the the dome override switch. I had a friend put new speakers in his car and was wondering if the problem may be in the door panel. Does anyone know a quick fix on how to stop the buzzing so I can at least have him drive it to school prior to fixing the entirre problem
I cant believe it but I figured out what was wrong. I was talking to a friend of mine and I told him that this started after putting new speakers in the doors. He said to look at the door panel and where it makes contact with the dash there is a metal peg coming from the side of the dash that makes contact with the door panel and there should be a round plastic spacer that goes in a hole that was missing in the door panel. I seen that one was in the door panel on the passengers side but I had one missing from the drivers side. I bought one that was a differant color than I needed for $.90 cents at Auto Palace but when I got home I found it on the floor of my garage. I cant believe that one round piece of hard plastic could cause such a problem. Thanks to anyone who replied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157