NEED HELP! DDM HIDs not turning on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i started installing my DDM Tuning 55W 6000k HIDs today and they wont turn on. i have the wires from the HID bulb going into the connectors in the ballast and then my factory connector plugged into the ballast. do i need any sort of relay??? it didnt say anything about a relay in their install guide

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where u plug the oem headlight plug into flip it over and plug it in upside down, had the same problem :)

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried their website's troubleshooting looks helpfull.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Is their kits really 40 bucks?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it may sound odd, and there is a 'certain' way to plug the male into the female, but swap them, alot that I have seen, have the wired reversed on the ballest, or to the bulb. If BOTH won't light, that could be your issue.

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you ended up not needing the harness? And how was installation? Easy or hard?

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aight so the passanger side is all good but the driver side flashes on once and goes out real quick. Any ideas???

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your ground that goes to your fender i had to move mine cuz it also did the same thing every once in a while its just the wire thats bolted by the battery area right on the fender with a 10mm bolt :) try that and that should solve ur other problem

and ya they put that tab on the wrong side i was pissed when trying to install mine thought they sent me a dead kit lol

edit i just seen u said ur pass side is good, hmmm check and see if there is a ground on the drivers side also though and make sure u flipped the drivers side plug also

but ya my pass side would flicker and it ended up being that ground on the fender, you might want to check that anyway or just follow the wires and see if theres a ground connected on the drivers side also, most likely there will be one somewhere over there

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm i'm not sure about the ground thing. i swapped the ballasts around and when i switched them the passenger side became the side that flashed on once and went out real quick and the driver side stayed on like normal. because of that i'm thinking it has something to do with the ballast. i'm going to try to call ddm tomorrow but does anyone have any suggestions before i call them?

riviera - haha ya i was sooooo pissed when i went to turn my lights on and the HIDs didnt come on i was like WTF!!!!!! but ya you would think they would at least remove the tab then to help not confuse you

So you ended up not needing the harness? And how was installation? Easy or hard?

correct no harness needed. it is entirely a plug and play setup. installation was easy it was just the little quirk of the lights that had me screwed up and now i think my one ballast might be bad but i'm not sure. but other than that i love the HIDs its 1000000000x better than oem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9