Put up your speaker box pix and custom install pix up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres mine. not too custom on the amp board and the sub setup is just big and simple

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC he dremeled out the "speaker grill" in the trim panel, and that's an MTX Thunderform. Can be had for about $300 all over the place, that's with the MTX sub.

Omar, where'd you go, dammit? We want to know if there's any rattle the way you did it, also where'd you relocate your jack to?

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
IIRC he dremeled out the "speaker grill" in the trim panel, and that's an MTX Thunderform. Can be had for about $300 all over the place, that's with the MTX sub.

Omar, where'd you go, dammit? We want to know if there's any rattle the way you did it, also where'd you relocate your jack to?

The stock jack can easily be placed under the hood by drilling 1 hole and a couple bolts with nuts. On my 99 sierra i moved mine with ease...to the passenger side at the firewall above the wheel well. no pics sorry...sold the truck months ago.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys! Haven't been on in a while!

So far, no rattles! Now, if I listen to something with ALOT of bass, like some old school Beastie Boyz's Brass Monkey, I will get *some* rattle at high volume. But other than that kind of extreme, it's pretty rattle-free.

It is a 10" MTX subwoofer. I bought it with an internal 200 watt amp, and the amp had line level inputs. I got it for $389 shipped from here:

http://www.supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=193&catId=73

Looks like the price went up a little.

As for the speaker hole, I just went to GM and bought a new panel. If you select 2002 and color match, you will get the actual "grille" cut out in the plastic as opposed to being filled in.

mtx_01.jpg

mtx_02.jpg

mtx_03.jpg

mtx_04.jpg

mtx_05.jpg

Pic of the Electronic Bass Control Knob:

mtx_09.jpg

Jack tools under the 2nd row bench:

jack_01.jpg

Custom bracket my brother welded up for my jack:

jack011.jpg

Last edited:

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is the route I'm going to go. At least Supercrew offers the unloaded option for that box. Was also thinking I'd just cut the whole factory panel out and install a "custom" grille in front rather than ordering a new panel. And by custom I mean just a plain jane speaker grille that is color matched to the panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum