How to remove the door panel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baker58

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do you remove a passenger side door panel from a 2008 tahoe LTZ??

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
First, take off the triangular piece on the top of the door panel. Then, there is a cover inside the door handle pocket, take it off with a flat head screw driver, it will reveal a 10mm bolt. Then there is another 2 behind a cover, located inside the door pull. Take out those 2 bolts.

Lift up the door switch panel with a flat head screw driver and unhook all the wiring harnesses. Set it aside.

Then, you will need to start pulling the door panel. It's held in by retainer clips, so pulling forcefully usually won't break anything (though it may feel like it) and is required. I started from the bottom when I did it; use something flat to pry it just enough to get your fingers up in there and pull. Once you get 1 popped, it will be easy.

After that, you will need to unhook the door locking cable, usually can be done with needle nose pliers. Then your door panel will be off.

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Make sure that once you have the bottom loose that you tilt the bottom out about 6 inches and then slide it up or you could break a plastic bit on the top rear/right side of the panel. I did' but it glued successfully with crazy glue and holds fine now.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well

i found a pdf that had full color pictures of how to do all of this, it was for installing power running boards or something...

sorry that's all I recall....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont